Knowing that my wife was a strawberry lover, I brought her a strawberry brownie as a surprise. I believe they were called brownies since they are brown in color. Putting that aside, the video below lets us know an easy way of making them:
Never be surprised by the uniqueness of this recipe: compared the brownie batter, you get a runnier consistency whenever you use a cake batter. With some vegetable oil and an egg, you will end up with a more-brownie and stiffer consistency.
- Vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- Strawberry cake mix, 1 box (15.25 oz)
- White chocolate chips (1/2 cup though optional)
- Confectioners’ sugar or powdered sugar (1 cup)
- Whole milk (2 Tbsp)
- Vanilla extract (1/2 tsp)
- 1. The oven is preheated up to 350 F.
- 2. A glass baking pan (9 x 13) is sprayed with some nonstick spray.
- 3. The cake mix, oil and the eggs are then stirred together in a mixing bowl (medium sized.) You will end up with some thick batter.
- 4. The batter is then scraped into the baking pan and some white chocolate chips are then sprinkled (if using.) the batter is the spread evenly within the pan.
- 5. The baking is then done until the brownies turn brown in color around the pan’s edges and their middle appears set. Crumps are likely to appear should the brownies be poked with a toothpick at the middle.
- 6. The brownies are then completely cooled. The glaze can be made at this point by whisking the milk, vanilla and the powdered sugar. It’s then poured on the brownies and a spatula is used to spread it evenly. Before the brownies can be cut into squares the glaze is allowed to set.
What do you think?