You can end up with a spectacular bouquet of cupcake roses to give out as a gift to your loved on by following an easy method of decorating cakes. This is more convenient compared to flowers which die faster, but you will have something to enjoy when it is a delicious cake.
This is something which you can try out with your preferred box mix or cake recipe and any preferable frosting. I have decided to include the preferred recipe.
The following will be needed:
- Any flavor of cake batter that is mixed with food coloring ( red has been used here) and the baked to come up with cupcakes
I used the following for frosting:
- Powdered and sifted sugar (3 ½ cups )
- Unsalted butter (2 sticks,) which is softened under room temperature
- Food coloring
- Almond extract (2 teaspoons)
- The frosting is made by beating together powdered sugar (1 cup) and butter. Beating continues and one cup of sugar is added at a time, keep on doing it until incorporation of all the sugar has taken place. The food coloring and the almond extract are beaten. Wait until it can be used.
You will need the following when decorating the cupcakes:
- Baked cupcakes (at least 7)
- A large zip lock or a piping bag (filled with frosting and a ‘star’ tip for decorating)
- Start at the cupcake’s center and apply pressure evenly by grapping the far end of the bag (away from the tip) and then continuously expel a line of frosting. The cupcake is moved counterclockwise while the cupcake is being piped and a swirl should be created at the frosting’s ridges by twisting the tip. Keep twisting and rotating until the entire cupcake is covered. A tiny twist is then done so as the frosting is broken off.
- The procedure is repeated with the others.
- The cupcakes are then presented clustered on a plate and a realism effect can be created by using fresh leaves when garnishing.
Please SHARE with your friends and family!
What do you think?