It can be a challenging task to decorate your cakes. If you are familiar with the delectable cupcakes that are topped with some intricate flowers, rainbow frosting, or even the marzipan sculptures. You must note that a number of hours are spent when coming up with most of these decorative works of art. It can also take years or months to master such decorating skills.
But no matter how hard a task is, your passion matters a lot whether you will master it or not. Today, I want you to learn an interesting way of creating adorable cupcakes that are topped with daisies or orchid flowers within minutes. That means if you don’t have enough time but you still need to enjoy your cupcakes you can still do it.
Take your time and watch the clip below and you will be left wondering why it took too long to discover this decorating hack.
If you loved it, then SHARE it with your family and friends on Facebook!
You will need:
cupcakes and frosting (recipe at the bottom of this post if you want to make your own from scratch)
colored sugar sprinkles (optional but they add color to the flower petals)
corn starch (for dusting your fingers)
- Take the marshmallow and flatten it gently in your fingers, elongating it. Using kitchen scissors make 4 cuts up the side but not all the way through! You want the marshmallow to remain in tact.
- Dip your fingers in corn starch to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to you. Fan out the cuts, creating petals. Loop the marshmallow back in on itself and seal it in a ring.
- Dip the cut sides into the colored sugar.
- Cut the bottom off of another marshmallow and flatten it and roll it up like a scroll. Cut that scroll in half and place in the center of the flower to create an orchid. Skip this step to make a daisy.
If you are making your own cupcakes and frosting try my favorite recipes:
Inspired by BakerBettie:
White cake cupcakes
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup milk, room temperature
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 large egg whites, at room temperature
For the Frosting try our super easy two ingredient white chocolate frosting!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and salt. In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, milk, oil, vanilla, and three of the egg whites.
- Add the butter mix to the flour mi
What do you think?