Skin tags (arochorda) are common skin protrusions that form in areas where the skin folds or creases like the neck, eye lids, arm pits and the groin (regions where skin rubs against skin), prominently in adults above the age of 50. They are benign and harmless, and their size and shape remain constant over time.
Did you know that more than 46% of people have skin tags, according to a survey by the National Institutes of Health, USA? While you may not be alone, you can definitely take better care of yourself.
Those who are at a higher risk of getting skin folds are –
- Overweight and obese people, because they tend to have more skin folds.
- Women during pregnancy.
- People with Diabetes
- People who use illegal steroids.
Skins tags are also passed on hereditarily, due to the presence of a possible causal genetic component. Although they are harmless, skin tags can be irritating, and can interfere with day to day to activities such as shaving, or wearing jewellery.
How to Use Apple Cedar Vinegar When removing Skin Tags?
A simple solution to removing skin tags effectively and safely at home is with the help of Apple Cedar Vinegar, which, due to its mild acidic content, can help dry out the skin tags. Here are the three steps that you need.
1. First, wash the skin tag and the area around it gently with water or a mild cleansing agent, and then dry it with a clean towel.
2. Take a little amount of cotton. Just a pinch from your hand will suffice. Now, soak it in apple cedar vinegar. Ensure that there is no excess by squeezing the excess cedar vinegar out properly. Apply the cotton on the skin tag and cover it firmly with a bandage or any swathe so that the cotton doesn’t come off.
3. Remove the cotton after about fifteen minutes.
4. It’s a good idea to repeat this process at least 2-3 times in a week. This will ensure that the skin tag would dry up and fall off.
5. Within a little time, your skin tag will become dry and fall of and you can stop worrying about itching.
Applying Apple Cedar Vinegar is an easy and safe remedy to remove skin tags at home and is proven to work wonders.
Please SHARE this with others on facebook or twitter!
What do you think?