Things change at an alarming speed that we barely realize. In the past, during the time of our forefathers, there used to be diseases. The big question is how they managed to cure the diseases since modern medicine was not there. Research and tales from old people have shown that in that time they used to rely on the conventional medicine. This is a type of medicine that is purely extracted from the plants and other animal products.
In the contemporary world, this type of medicine has however been forgotten. The current world seems to be depending on chemicals to make drugs, which have inturn led to the elevation of the drug prices. For instance, did you ever know that honey is a potential healer of many diseases? It’s obvious that honey is sweeter than sugar. Not only that, in its composition, there are two types of sugars involved which are easy for our bodies to break them down. Another advantage that honey has is that it has a low content of Glycemic Index, which makes it to become easily absorbed into the blood stream.
Please keep on reading the article to get informed of the 40 ways that honey can be of importance to our bodies.
More than 40 Incredible Uses for Honey:
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Provides minerals, vitamins, antioxidants
- Strengthens immunity
- Honey also has its effect on weight Loss which makes me mostly excited! Simply drink warm water with lemon
and honey on an empty stomach.
- Did you know that though honey has more calories than sugar, honey when consumed with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in your body?
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestine
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue
- Restores eyesight. Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with carrot juice and consume regularly.
- Relieves a sore throat
- Prevents heart disease by improving blood flow
- Soothes burns, disinfects wounds. Garlic honey, which is just a mixture of honey and garlic, can be applied directly to infected wounds to clean the area
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Alkalizes body’s pH
- Contains phytonutrients, which possess cancer-preventing and anti-tumor properties
- Helps with indigestion and acid reflux
- Destroys bacteria causing acne
- Prevents low white blood cell count
- Counters pollen allergies. Take a teaspoon of raw honey a couple of times a day starting a few months prior to allergy season.
- Flushes parasites from liver and colon
- A salve made of honey can be applied to eczema with asthma when mixed with black pepper and ginger
- For hangovers. Mix 15ml of raw honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of organic yogurt.
- Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
- Honey helps build stamina in athletes
- Honey and cinnamon can help with Arthritis. Mix one part honey with two parts of luke warm water and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Massage the mixture on the itching part of the body.
- Helps with scalp problems and dandruff
- Helps with anxiety
- Helps with anxiety
- Reduces metabolic stress
- Helps clear your sinuses. To clear your sinuses, take a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of fresh ginger juice and honey two or three times a day.
- Cures toothache. Make a paste of honey and cinnamon and apply on the aching tooth.
- Moisturizes skin. Mix a dollop of honey and two tablespoons of warm water and massage the mixture into your skin.
- Relieves morning sickness
- Helps with hiccups
- Reduces hay fever. Take a tablespoon of honey in the morning
- Helps with tension headaches. Simply sip on a ½ glass of warm water with a couple of added teaspoons of honey.
- Helps with pink eye. Place a teaspoon of honey with a cup of water and heat just enough to melt the honey. Let cool and use an eye dropper drop the mixture in the infected eye.
- Leg cramps. Take 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. of honey each evening before bed.
- Reduces cholesterol. Mix two tablespoons of honey and three tablespoons of cinnamon in 16 ounces of tea.
- Helps with bad breath. Mix one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water.
- Soften hard water; just add honey to bath water
- But always buy and use raw organic honey. The manufactured honey has not the necessary enzymes and nutrients. Additionally, locally grown raw honey from the area you live is more beneficial as it possesses the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment. The best part about it, you don’t have to sacrifice the taste of sweetness by using sugar substitutes, but can actually enjoy eating what you like and be healthy at the same time!
Please don’t get informed alone, SHARE this helpful information to all your family and friends!
What do you think?